London, United Kingdom
dugong /ˈduːgɒŋ,ˈdjuː-/ //noun// noun: dugong; plural noun: dugongs; plural noun: dugong //1. a sea cow found on the coasts of the Indian Ocean from eastern Africa to northern Australia. It is distinguished from the manatees by its forked tail.// 2013 saw this little Dugong migrate from the warm climes of Darwin, in the Northern Territory of Australia, to the more hostile climes on London. //2014 sees the Dugong take on the crazy challenge of the Tour de Force. 21 days, over 3,500km, one week ahead of the (other) pro cyclists in the Tour de France.// Join me in what will be a journey of crazy self discovery, on a bike.//

Tuesday 8 July 2014

A few more photos

We stayed at the top of the hill at Gerardmer la Mauselaine where Stage 8 will finish. A bit of hostel slum-tourism for some of our fancier tour riders. Fabulous views down to the lake.

A shit scared Dugong on the morning of Stage 1 of Le Tour.

Didn't know my Garmin could count so high!

I though Stage 9's profile looked scary. Until I saw Stage 10. I've now decided to nap through the stage briefings, since they just scare the shit out of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee, this really made me laugh! Your blog is great and your determination is fantastic. Keep going, you're doing brilliantly. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete