London, United Kingdom
dugong /ˈduːgɒŋ,ˈdjuː-/ //noun// noun: dugong; plural noun: dugongs; plural noun: dugong //1. a sea cow found on the coasts of the Indian Ocean from eastern Africa to northern Australia. It is distinguished from the manatees by its forked tail.// 2013 saw this little Dugong migrate from the warm climes of Darwin, in the Northern Territory of Australia, to the more hostile climes on London. //2014 sees the Dugong take on the crazy challenge of the Tour de Force. 21 days, over 3,500km, one week ahead of the (other) pro cyclists in the Tour de France.// Join me in what will be a journey of crazy self discovery, on a bike.//

Friday 27 June 2014

One sleep to go!

I've signed out from the office for three weeks, packed my bags and I'm just about ready to hop on the train to Leeds. Wow! I can believe that this is about to begin. An idea that was first born when I cycled up to Copperload Dam in Cairns just over a year ago, and something that I have put over six months of training to.

The last few days have been full of kind emails and messages, and some very generous donations to the William Wates Memorial Fund, thank you!

A few highlights:

- The fabulous Dugong on a Bike card from a colleague
- The unexpected good luck card from everyone in the Norfolk office
- A treat to myself: a MV bracelet with a message to keep me going in the tour
- That my house-mum Melanie can feel it in her waters (my words, not hers) that I'm going to have some Tour romance
- My house-dad Steve making me a surprise packed lunch for my train trip to Leeds (including a Scotch egg!)

Thanks everyone!
x Dugong





No comments:

Post a Comment